Welcome to Mendocino College Veterans Services and the Veteran Resource Center!
Connect with us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 707-468-4602
Visit us in MacMillan Hall Room 1240
We can help you with the following services:
- Assistance with the Mendocino College application and registration process
- Eligibility for priority registration
- Evaluation of military transcripts and DD-214s for college credit
- Information regarding VA education benefits
- Initiating and processing VA education benefits
- Evaluation of educational progress toward degree and certificate programs
- Connection with community resources
- Textbook Lending Library
- Applying for graduation
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday: 10am-4pm
Wednesday: Academic Counseling Services Available*
*Please contact one of the following to schedule a counseling appointment: 707-468-3048 or 707-468-4602
BECOMING A MENDOCINO COLLEGE STUDENT
We want you to succeed and achieve your goals and so require that all new and transfer students complete the matriculation process. The following
- Apply for Admission
- Complete a New Student Orientation
- Complete the Placement Tool or Submit Transcripts
- Meet with a Counselor - A counseling appointment can be scheduled after the above steps are completed. The counselor will assist in the selection of an appropriate program of study and develop an education plan to guide you in course selection to achieve your goal. Counselors are currently meeting with students remotely.
- Schedule an appointment with the School Certifying Official - The School Certifying Official will answer questions about your educational benefit, verify the education plan developed meets VA standards, and submit the certification of your enrollment to the VA so that you can begin receiving your benefit. We currently are meeting with students remotely. Please connect with us through email@example.com or Admissions.
- Click here for a checklist of the above steps.
California Department of Veterans Affairs (CalVet) - www.calvet.ca.gov
Department of Veterans Affairs - www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/
eBenefits - www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/homepage
Lake County Veterans Services - https://www.lakecountyca.gov/820/Veterans-Services
Post 9/11 GI Bill U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/gibillEducation/
Mendocino County Veterans Services - https://www.mendocinocounty.org/government/health-and-human-services-agency/adult-services/veterans-services
Joint Services Transcripts - https://jst.doded.mil/official.html
United Veterans Council of Lake County, California - http://www.uvclc.org/
WEAMS - http://inquiry.vba.va.gov/weamspub/searchInst.do#content-area
The following link provides access to the most current pay rates for educational benefits: http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/resources/benefits_resources/rate_tables.asp
Follow us on Facebook!