2024-2025 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PERIOD IS OPEN.
The Mendocino College's web-based Scholarship Application for 2024-2025 is open December 4, 2023 thru March 1, 2024.
To apply go to: https://mendocinocollege.awardspring.com
- Log in using your Mendocino College credentials (email address and password).
- If you do not have a Mendocino College email address and password, apply to Mendocino College's Fall 2023/Spring 2024 semester at Admissions.
- All Mendocino College students who are currently enrolled and graduating high school seniors are encouraged to apply.
For more information contact:
Eliza Grider, Scholarship Coordinator
YOU CAN DO IT!
Once you submit a completed application, you will be considered for all scholarships for which you meet criteria.
A complete application will include:
- General information about you and your academic and career goals
- 4 essay questions including
- Describe your education and career goals and your reason for choosing them. In what ways will scholarships help you to achieve these goals?
- Describe what life experiences or challenges have presented barriers in your life.
- Describe what community means to you. Describe ways in which you contribute to your community.
- Is there anything else regarding you or your application that you would like the scholarship committee to know?
- Your current academic transcripts
Scholarships are typically awarded based on some or all of the following criteria:
- Enrollment status - full-time (12 units), part-time (6 or more units), or enrollment as determined by the donor
- Financial need
- Academic achievement and career or educational goals
- Grade point average
- Service to the college, community groups, campus clubs, volunteerism
Scholarship recipients are notified by email and USPS once the screening process for scholarships has occurred. In most instances, scholarship funds are released to recipients in the following Fall semester upon verification of enrollment and fulfillment of any other required criteria.
Apart from transfer scholarships, all scholarships are for students who will enroll at Mendocino College in the upcoming fall semester. Mendocino Scholarships are not transferrable to any other community colleges or universities (unless specifically noted as a transfer scholarship). Failure to enroll at Mendocino College or dropping classes after enrollment nullifies eligibility and awarded funds must be repaid to donor.
For questions, please contact:
Eliza Grider, Scholarship Coordinator
Mendocino College Foundation • Room 5110
1000 Hensley Creek Road, Ukiah, CA 95482
firstname.lastname@example.org • (707) 467-1018
YOU CAN SUPPORT MENDOCINO COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIPS
The Mendocino College Scholarship Program, administered by the Mendocino College Foundation, began in 1973 and has been steadily growing ever since. This program offers students critical financial assistance to fulfill their goals and dreams through education.
HOW YOUR DONATION HELPS
Even a small contribution can make a big difference in a student’s ability to complete their education.
Scholarships can provide the financial means for a student to attend full-time rather than part-time.
It can help them pay for gas or public transportation to take classes on campus that are not available online.
It can help them buy a textbook for a class that they would not otherwise be able to afford.
Your donation might help a student stretch their budget beyond basic day-to-day living expenses and achieve their goal of creating a better life for themselves and their families by attending college.
In 2023, Mendocino College students were awarded over 176 scholarships and totaling more than $227,000 through the Mendocino College Scholarship program.
To donate, visit the Mendocino College Foundation website at http://foundation.mendocino.edu. Click on the DONATE button in the upper right-hand corner, and then click on the DONATE button under Scholarship Program. We also accept checks check made out to Mendocino College and mailed to Mendocino College Foundation, Scholarship Program, 1000 Hensley Creek Road, Ukiah, CA 95482.
For more information about Mendocino College Foundation's Scholarship Program including perpetual and endowed scholarship opportunities, email email@example.com or call 707-467-1018.
Organizations across the United States offer scholarships throughout the year. The criteria to apply varies from scholarship to scholarship. Since these scholarships are not administered by Mendocino College, any questions should be directed to the organization offering the award.
Outside donors/organizations: Mendocino College appreciates the scholarships you provide our students. We are more than happy to list local/community scholarships you may have available. Please email any scholarship information you may have to Yuliana Sandoval, Director of Financial Aid & EOPS at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mail your scholarship check to:
Financial Aid Office
1000 Hensley Creek Rd.
Ukiah, CA 95482
The check must be payable to Mendocino College. Attach the student's name and ID number. Specify what semester(s) the check should be applied to in addition to minimum enrollment units for disbursement (full-time, half-time, less than half-time), if applicable.
Below you will find information on outside scholarship databases and resource guides.
Mendocino College does not warrant linked sites for any purpose. Further, the inclusion of a link to another site does not constitute an endorsement by Mendocino College of the site, its owner(s), or any products or services advertised on the linked site.
Select the Scholarship Name for more information.