Welcome to Mendocino College Veteran's Services!
Welcome to Mendocino College! We provide assistance with applying for and understanding VA Educational Benefits. Currently, this program is administered from the Office of Admissions and Records on the Ukiah Campus. The Director of Admissions and Records is the School Certifying Official (SCO) and will serve as your liaison to the Department of Veterans Affairs in regard to your educational benefits.
The SCO can assist with the following services:
- Information regarding VA education benefits
- Assistance with the Mendocino College application and registration process
- Assistance with VA applications and forms
- Initiating and processing VA education benefits
- Evaluation of educational progress toward degree and certificate programs
- Applying for graduation
- Evaluation of military transcripts and DD-214s for college credit
- Eligibility for priority registration
CONTACT INFORMATION/HOURS OF OPERATION
Anastasia Simpson-Logg, Director of Admissions and Records/School Certifying Official
Office of Admissions and Records Hours of Operation:
BECOMING A MENDOCINO COLLEGE STUDENT
We want you to succeed and achieve your goals and so require that all new and transfer students complete the matriculation process as follows:
- Apply for Admission - This can be accomplished online at: https://www.opencccapply.net/cccapply-welcome?cccMisCode=141
- Complete a New Student Orientation - This can be accomplished online or by completing a college course. Please click the following link for more information: http://www.mendocino.edu/student-services/orientation
- Complete a Placement Test or Submit Transcripts - Students who have completed math and English courses at an accredited college or university may not be required to complete placement tests, but do need to submit transcripts to the Office of Admissions and Records. Please contact the Learning Center directly for more information, 707-468-3046.
- Meet with a Counselor - A counseling appointment can be scheduled after the above steps are completed. Please call 707-468-3048 to schedule an online or in person appointment. The counselor will assist in the selection of an appropriate program of study and develop an education plan to guide you in course selection to achieve your goal.
- Schedule an appointment with the School Certifying Official - The School Certifying Official will answer questions about your educational benefit, verify the education plan developed meets VA standards, and submit the certification of your enrollment to the VA so that you can begin receiving your benefit. Please call 707-468-3101 to schedule an appointment. The SCO meets students on the Ukiah Campus and at the Lakeport and North County Centers.
VETERAN RESOURCE CENTER
The Veteran Resource Center, located in room 735 of the Lowery Student Center on the Ukiah Campus.
The center offers a space for veterans to connect with other veterans over a cup of coffee, conduct small study groups, access computers for completion of homework, receive information about benefits to which they may be entitled and assistance in applying for benefits. Please contact the center directly for current days/hours of operation: 707-468-3000 extension 4602.
VETERANS CLUB - Coming Soon!
The Veterans Club is currently in development. Please check back for updated information.
California Department of Veterans Affairs (CalVet) - www.calvet.ca.gov
Department of Veterans Affairs - www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/
eBenefits - www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/homepage
Lake County Veterans Services - http://www.co.lake.ca.us/Government/Directory/VeteransServices.htm
Mendocino County Veterans Services - www.co.mendocino.ca.us/hhsa/adult/veterans.htm
Military Transcripts - https://jst.doded.mil/smart/dodMandatoryBannerForm/submit.do
Air Force (CCAF) - www.au.af.mil/au/ccaf
United Veterans Council of Lake County, California - www.uvclc.org
The following link provides access to the most current pay rates for educational benefits: http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/resources/benefits_resources/rate_tabl...