Welcome to Mendocino College Veterans Services!
Welcome to Mendocino College! We provide assistance with applying for and understanding VA Educational Benefits. Our services have moved online, but we are here to assist you.
We can help you with the following services:
- Information regarding VA education benefits
- Assistance with the Mendocino College application and registration process
- Initiating and processing VA education benefits
- Evaluation of educational progress toward degree and certificate programs
- Applying for graduation
- Evaluation of military transcripts and DD-214s for college credit
- Eligibility for priority registration
- Connection with community resources
HOURS OF OPERATION
- Monday - Thursday, 8am-5pm
- Friday, Closed
HOLIDAYS AND OTHER CLOSURES
Memorial Day, May 25th
Independence Day, July 2nd
BECOMING A MENDOCINO COLLEGE STUDENT
We want you to succeed and achieve your goals and so require that all new and transfer students complete the matriculation process. The following
- Apply for Admission - This can be accomplished online at: https://www.opencccapply.net/cccapply-welcome?cccMisCode=141
- Complete a New Student Orientation - This can be accomplished online or by completing a college course. Please click the following link for more information: http://www.mendocino.edu/student-services/orientation
- Complete a Placement Questionnaire or Submit Transcripts -Pleae review the following for current information about math and English recommendations: https://www.mendocino.edu/mathandenglish
- Meet with a Counselor - A counseling appointment can be scheduled after the above steps are completed. The counselor will assist in the selection of an appropriate program of study and develop an education plan to guide you in course selection to achieve your goal. Counselors are meeting with students remotely. Please visit the following to learn how to connect with a counselor: https://www.mendocino.edu/student-services/counseling/appointments
- Schedule an appointment with the School Certifying Official - The School Certifying Official will answer questions about your educational benefit, verify the education plan developed meets VA standards, and submit the certification of your enrollment to the VA so that you can begin receiving your benefit. We currently are meeting with students remotely. Please connect with us through firstname.lastname@example.org or https://www.mendocino.edu/admissions-online
- Click here for a checklist of the above steps.
VETERAN RESOURCE CENTER (VRC)
The Veteran Resource Center, located in room 1240 of MacMillan Hall on the Ukiah Campus. Please contact us for more information: 707-468-3000 x4602 or email@example.com
The center offers a space for veterans to connect with other veterans over a cup of coffee, conduct small study groups, access computers for completion of homework, receive information about educational benefits to which they may be entitled and assistance in applying for educational benefits.
Hours of Operation:
Due to the current shelter-in-place order, the VRC is closed.
California Department of Veterans Affairs (CalVet) - www.calvet.ca.gov
Department of Veterans Affairs - www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/
eBenefits - www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/homepage
Lake County Veterans Services - http://www.co.lake.ca.us/Government/Directory/VeteransServices.htm
Post 9/11 GI Bill U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/gibillEducation/
Mendocino County Veterans Services - https://www.mendocinocounty.org/government/health-and-human-services-agency/adult-services/veterans-services
Military Transcripts - https://www.vets.gov/employment/job-seekers/military-transcripts/
United Veterans Council of Lake County, California - http://www.uvclc.org/
The following link provides access to the most current pay rates for educational benefits: http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/resources/benefits_resources/rate_tables.asp
Follow us on Facebook!