Welcome to Mendocino College Veterans Services and the Veteran Resource Center!
Connect with us: email@example.com 707-468-4602 facebook.com/mendocinovrc
Visit us in MacMillan Hall Room 1240
We are here to help you. The following are examples of services that can be obtained in the VRC:
- Assistance with the Mendocino College application and registration processes
- Eligibility for priority registration
- Textbook Lending Library
- Evaluation of military transcripts and DD-214s for college credit
- Evaluation of transcripts from other colleges/universities
- Information about VA education benefits
- Applying for VA education benefits
- Certification of enrollment for education benefits upon request
- Evaluation of educational progress toward degree and certificate programs
- Academic Counseling
- Connection with community resources
For assistance during this time, please check in at the Office of Admissions and Records (Room 1100, MacMillan Hall) or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
FALL 2022 HOURS OF OPERATION
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 9am-5pm
- Wednesday - Reserved for Counsling Appointments
Academic counseling appointments are available Wednesday, 10am-2pm.
Please contact us to schedule an appointment: email@example.com
BECOMING A MENDOCINO COLLEGE STUDENT
We want you to succeed and achieve your goals and so require that all new and transfer students complete the matriculation process as follows:
- Apply for Admission
- Complete a New Student Orientation
- Complete the Placement Tool or Submit Transcripts
- Meet with a Counselor - A counseling appointment can be scheduled after the above steps are completed. The counselor will assist in the selection of an appropriate program of study and develop an education plan to guide you in course selection to achieve your goal. Appointments can be made through the following: 707-468-3048 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule an appointment with the School Certifying Official - The School Certifying Official will answer questions about your educational benefit, verify the education plan developed meets VA standards, and submit the certification of your enrollment to the VA so that you can begin receiving your benefit. Certification of your enrollment to the VA is only completed upon your request. For an appointment, please email: email@example.com
- Click here for a checklist of the above steps.
PAYING FOR COLLEGE
The following provides access to the cost of attendance and how to pay for college.
We also encourage you to review the Net Price Calculator, which is intended to provide an estimate of net price information (defined as estimated cost of attendance — including tuition and required fees, books and supplies, room and board (meals), and other related expenses — minus estimated grant and scholarship aid) based on what similar students paid in a previous year.
All students are encouraged to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application CADAA. Once the application has been received and processed, detailed information about aid for which you are eligible can be accessed through the My Financial Aid Status option in MyMendo.
For assistance in completing the FAFSA or CADAA, or more information about available aid, please connect with the Financial Aid Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 707-468-3110
For many students, borrowing in order to finance their college degree is necessary. While student loans may be a necessary part of financing your degree, it’s important to borrow responsibly. This means only borrowing for what you need. College is an investment in your future. To review estimated student loan debt upon completion, please review the Mendocino College scorecard.
Students using educational benefits are encouraged to review the GI Bill® Comparison Tool. This tool allows you to determine the current educational benefit pay rate based upon the benefit you will use and the college you attend. It also offers the option to compare colleges to determine which is the best fit for you.
Mendocino College Academic Programs - mendocino.edu/academics/departments
Mendocino College Graduation Rates - collegescorecard.ed.gov/school/?118684-Mendocino-College
Mendocino College Job Placement Rates for Graduates - calpassplus.org/Launchboard/SWP.aspx
Mendocino College Residence for Tuition Information: mendocino.edu/admissions/admissions-and-records/residency
Mendocino College Transfer Credit Information: mendocino.edu/admissions/admissions-and-records/evaluation-non-traditional-learning
California Department of Veterans Affairs (CalVet) - calvet.ca.gov
Department of Veterans Affairs - benefits.va.gov/gibill/
eBenefits - ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/homepage
Lake County Veterans Services - co.lake.ca.us/Government/Directory/VeteransServices.htm
Post 9/11 GI Bill U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Facebook Page - facebook.com/gibillEducation/
Mendocino County Veterans Services - mendocinocounty.org/government/health-and-human-services-agency/adult-services/veterans-services
Joint Services Transcripts - jst.doded.mil/official.html
United Veterans Council of Lake County, California - uvclc.org/
Anastasia Simpson-Logg, Director Admissions and Records, SCO
Betsy Helms, Admissions and Records Specialist