Welcome to Mendocino College Veterans Services!
Welcome to Mendocino College! We provide assistance with applying for and understanding VA Educational Benefits. Currently, this program is administered from the Office of Admissions and Records on the Ukiah Campus. The Director of Admissions and Records is the School Certifying Official (SCO) and will serve as your liaison to the Department of Veterans Affairs in regard to your educational benefits.
The SCO can assist with the following services:
- Information regarding VA education benefits
- Assistance with the Mendocino College application and registration process
- Initiating and processing VA education benefits
- Evaluation of educational progress toward degree and certificate programs
- Applying for graduation
- Evaluation of military transcripts and DD-214s for college credit
- Eligibility for priority registration
- Connection with community resources
CONTACT INFORMATION/HOURS OF OPERATION
Anastasia Simpson-Logg, Director of Admissions and Records/School Certifying Official (SCO)
- Phone: 707-468-3102
- Fax: 707-468-3430
- Email: email@example.com
Marianna Cooper, Admissions and Records Specialist
- Phone: 707-468-3104
- Fax: 707-468-3430
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office of Admissions and Records Hours of Operation:
- Monday & Thursday, 8am-5pm
- Tuesday & Wednesday, 8am-7pm
- Friday, 8am-Noon
BECOMING A MENDOCINO COLLEGE STUDENT
We want you to succeed and achieve your goals and so require that all new and transfer students complete the matriculation process as follows:
- Apply for Admission - This can be accomplished online at: https://www.opencccapply.net/cccapply-welcome?cccMisCode=141
- Complete a New Student Orientation - This can be accomplished online or by completing a college course. Please click the following link for more information: http://www.mendocino.edu/student-services/orientation
- Complete a Placement Questionnaire or Submit Transcripts -Pleae review the following for current information about math and English recommendations: https://www.mendocino.edu/mathandenglish
- Meet with a Counselor - A counseling appointment can be scheduled after the above steps are completed. Please call 707-468-3048 to schedule an online or in person appointment. The counselor will assist in the selection of an appropriate program of study and develop an education plan to guide you in course selection to achieve your goal.
- Schedule an appointment with the School Certifying Official - The School Certifying Official will answer questions about your educational benefit, verify the education plan developed meets VA standards, and submit the certification of your enrollment to the VA so that you can begin receiving your benefit. Please call 707-468-3104 or 707-468-3101 to schedule an appointment. The SCO meets students on the Ukiah Campus and at the Lakeport , North County, and Coast Centers.
- The following checklist provides a quick reference of the above steps: /sites/default/files/docs/admissions/veteran_benefits_check_list_final.pdf
VETERAN RESOURCE CENTER (VRC)
The Veteran Resource Center, located in room 1240 of MacMillan Hall on the Ukiah Campus. Please contact us for more information: 707-468-3000 x4602 or email@example.com
The center offers a space for veterans to connect with other veterans over a cup of coffee, conduct small study groups, access computers for completion of homework, receive information about educational benefits to which they may be entitled and assistance in applying for educational benefits.
Fall 2019 VRC Hours of Operation:
***Please note, the VRC will be closed for construction, Monday, August 5th through Friday, August 9th. Please visit or contact the Office of Admissions and Records for assistance. Review the following for location, contact information and hours: https://www.mendocino.edu/admissions
Holidays and Other Closures:
- Fall 2019 Inservice, August 16th
- Labor Day, September 2nd
- Veterans Day, November 11th
- Thanksgiving, November 28th-29th
- Winter Break, December 23rd through January 1st
California Department of Veterans Affairs (CalVet) - www.calvet.ca.gov
Department of Veterans Affairs - www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/
eBenefits - www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/homepage
Lake County Veterans Services - http://www.co.lake.ca.us/Government/Directory/VeteransServices.htm
Post 9/11 GI Bill U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/gibillEducation/
Mendocino County Veterans Services - https://www.mendocinocounty.org/government/health-and-human-services-age...
Military Transcripts - https://www.vets.gov/employment/job-seekers/military-transcripts/
Air Force (CCAF) - www.au.af.mil/au/ccaf
United Veterans Council of Lake County, California - www.uvclc.org
The following link provides access to the most current pay rates for educational benefits: http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/resources/benefits_resources/rate_tabl...