2017-2018 MENDOCINO COLLEGE
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PERIOD
BEGINS ON JANUARY 2, 2017
Application packets are available annually from January 2 through March 1. Applications can be filled out online during the application period. However, the application must be printed and signed by the scholarship applicant.
Hard copy application packets are available for pick up from the Scholarship Application folder, located just below the Scholarship Bulletin Board in MacMillan Hall on the Ukiah Campus. Application packets will also be available at both the Lake Center Admissions, North County Center Admissions and Coast Center Admissions.
The following documents are in pdf format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader or Acrobat Professional.
- 2017-2018 Scholarship Application packet
- 2017-2018 scholarship application instruction sheet
- Mendocino College scholarship application check list
- Tips for writing a scholarship essay and asking for letters of recommendation
- Scholarship recommendation form
Fill out one application packet — you will be eligible for all scholarships for which you meet the donors’ criteria.
A complete application packets must contain the following (packets with missing documents will be returned to the applicant):
- Scholarship Application form
- A student essay (limited to one page only)
- Two Recommendation Forms (or Letters of Recommendation) from an instructor, employer or other relevant source (not a family member).
At least one Recommendation Form/Letter of Recommendation MUST BE FROM AN INSTRUCTOR unless you are a re-entry student (have not attended college and/or high school for 5 or more years)
- Signature page — signed and dated
- High school students MUST submit their high school transcripts with their application
Scholarships are typically awarded based on some or all of the following criteria:
- Academic achievement and career or educational goal
- Grade point average
- Financial need
- Full-time (12 units), Part-time status (6 or more units), or currently enrolled as determined by the donor
- Service to the college, community groups, campus clubs, volunteerism & honors/awards
Scholarship selection committees screen applications for the most qualified student.
Scholarship recipients are notified by mail once the screening process for scholarships has occurred. Scholarship monies are released in the following Fall semester upon verification of enrollment and any other required criteria.
With the exception of transfer scholarships, all scholarships are for enrollment at Mendocino College; they cannot be used at other community colleges or universities (unless specifically noted as a transfer scholarship). Failure to enroll or dropping all classes after enrollment nullifies eligibility and award funds must be repaid to donor.
For questions, please contact:
Lana Eberhard, Scholarship Coordinator
Mendocino College Foundation • Room 5110
1000 Hensley Creek Road, Ukiah, CA 95482
email@example.com • (707) 467-1018