New Placement Policy Effective Fall 2019
Effective FALL 2019, all students will have the opportunity to qualify for transfer level math and English courses! Click here to read more information about possible Math and English classes. Students can place into math and English courses using high school records and our new placement tool instead of taking placement tests. In order to complete the placement tool online, you will need to know your cumulative high school GPA. If you do not know your cumulative high school GPA or have been out of high school for more than ten years, contact:
This change is all thanks to Assembly Bill 705 (AB 705). To learn more about AB 705 visit: https://www.mendocino.edu/mathandenglish
Fall 2019 to Fall 2020:
Mendocino College will only administer English as a Second Language (ESL) Placement Tests.
Call: 707-468-3046 to schedule an ESL Placement Test.
In order to take an ESL Placement Test, all students must:
- Apply to Mendocino College and receive a student ID number.
- New students must complete an online orientation.
- Present ID number and photo ID at testing time.
- Retake Petition - Taking the same test for the second time must be approved by a Mendocino College Counselor, English or Math Instructor.
- Make and appointment: www.testprepreview.com
Please call the Lake, North County & Fort Bragg, Coast Center for Placement Testing times
Lake Center: 707.263.4944
North County Center: 707.459.6224
Fort Bragg, Coast Center: 707.961.2200
If you have questions about the Math and English placement testing please contact the Learning Center:
Student Success Director