The Mendocino College Scholarship application period runs from January 2 to March 1 each year. The next application period begins on January 2, 2018 for scholarships for the 2018-2019 academic year.
You must meet one the following criteria to apply for a scholarship during the application period:
- currently enrolled at Mendocino College and plan to attend Mendocino College in the fall
- currently enrolled at Mendocino College and transferring to a 4-year university in the fall
- graduating high school senior who will attend Mendocino College in the fall
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION WORKSHOPS
Workshops are will take place in January at all Mendocino College locations. Watch for dates and times.
Workshops help guide applicants through our application packet and also provide:
- Tips for writing a winning scholarship essay
- Samples of scholarship award winning essays
- Letters of Recommendation – tips & requirements
- Types of scholarships awarded
- Other scholarship opportunities
We invite high school principals and counselors to schedule an application workshop on your campus in January or February 2018 for interested graduating high school seniors.
Each year the Mendocino College Foundation hosts two scholarship awards ceremonies honoring all our scholarship recipients and donors/sponsors:
- Mendocino College Scholarships & Awards Ceremony (second Friday in May)
- Mendocino College Foundation, Inc. Scholarship Awards Ceremony (third Friday in May)
Both events take place at 5:30 p.m. in the Mendocino College Center for the Visual & Performing Arts Theatre.
Thanks to the generosity and support of our donors, over 200 scholarships and book awards totaling more than $225,000 were awarded to students for 2017-2018.
For more information contact:
Lana Eberhard, Scholarship Coordinator