Human Services Programs
Mendocino College’s Human Services programs prepare students to become Social and Human Services paraprofessionals, and to transfer to four-year universities to become professional counselors, social workers, or similar behavioral health providers.
Social and Human Services paraprofessionals assist in providing client services in a wide variety of fields, such as psychology, rehabilitation, or social work, including support for families. They may assist social workers with developing, organizing, and conducting programs to prevent and resolve problems relevant to substance abuse, human relationships, rehabilitation, or dependent care. They may also assist clients in identifying and obtaining available benefits and social and community services.
In California, growth rates for Social and Human Services paraprofessionals is a very good +17%.
Degrees and Certificates
- Human Service Worker - Certificate of Achievement (2 semesters)
- Human Service Paraprofessional Certificate of Achievement (4 semesters)
- Human Service Paraprofessional Associate of Science Degree (4 semesters)
- Related: Alcohol & Other Drug Studies
- Human Services Paraprofessional AS Degree (Fall 2018 - Fall 2021)
- Human Services Paraprofessional Certificate (Fall 2018 - Spring 2022)
- Human Services Worker Certificate (Fall 2018 - Spring 2022)
Information for Employers