CARES/HEERF II, III Act Funds Reporting Information
A. CARES/HEERF II, III Institutional Expense Report -
- HEERF Quarterly Report October 2020
- HEERF Quarterly Report December 2020
- HEERF Quarterly Report March 2021
- HEERF Quarterly Report June 2021
- HEERF Quarterly Report September 2021
B. CARES/HEERF II, III Reporting
Based on CARES/HEERF II, III Act compliance requirements, Mendocino College is required to publicly disclose the following 7 items:
1) Certification and Agreement for CARES/HEERF II, III Act funds were submitted and no less than 50% of funds received under section 18004(a)(1) will be used to provide student grants.
a) Amount Received from CARES act (Student Portion): $654,919.00
b) Amount Recieved from HEERF II (Student Portion): $654,919.00
c) Amount Received from HEERF III (Student Portion): $3,070,756.00
3) Amount Distributed to Students: $2,254,200.00
4) Number of students Eligible to Participate in CARES/HEERF II, III Act: 8,089
5) Number of students received the CARES/HEERF II, III act funding: 2,201 (Duplicated)
6) Method used to determine eligibility and amount received: Mendocino College developed a chart that provided a base amount to students based on their number of enrolled units. Students had to be enrolled in at least .5 units to receive funding. The base amounts ranged from $250 to $650. Additionally, students had to identify needs in at least one of the following categories: housing, food, course materials, technology, transportation, child care, health care, other. Additional funds were provided based on the identified need.
7) Instructions provided to students: Students were notified via email that they had been identified as potential recipients of CARES/HEERF II, III Act funding. Students had to complete a survey to identify their need. Additionally, students had to identify their eligibility.Students were told that the primary way to confirm their eligibility was to submit their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) via http://fafsa.ed.gov/. Another way they could confirm their eligibility was to submit to the Financial Aid Office the following documentation:
- Copy of a state issued Identification
- Copy of their Social Security Card
Students were then provided with instructions on how to submit the documentation. Once student eligibility was confirmed, disbursements occurred using the BankMobile disbursement process.