Welcome to the Mendocino College Academic Senate
Academic Senate Membership 2017-2018
Vacant (PT Faculty)
2016-2018 PRESIDENT: Jason Edington
MEETING SCHEDULE: Once every other week for 1.5 hour; plus one 4-hour academic issues planning session each semester, as needed.
BROWN ACT: Yes
YEAR FORMED: 1976
ADVISEMENT TO: Board of Trustees
BACKGROUND: Established under Title V, Article 2.
PURPOSE: To provide an organized body to represent faculty on academic and professional matters in the consultation process with the governing board.
To oversee and direct policy development and implementation of academic and professional matters including:
- Curriculum, including establishing prerequisites and placing courses within disciplines
- Degree and certificate requirements
- Grading policies
- Educational program development
- Standards or policies regarding student preparation and success
- District and college governance structures, as related to faculty roles
- Faculty roles and involvement in accreditation process, including self-study and annual reports
- Policies for faculty professional development activities
- Policies for program review
- Process for institutional planning and budget development
- Other academic and professional matters as mutually agreed upon between the governing board and the Academic Senate
Group: Number of members:
Full-Time Faculty 7 Part-Time Faculty 2
CHAIR DESIGNATED BY COLLEGE POSITION: NO
CHAIR CHOSEN/APPOINTED BY: Nominated by the Academic Senate and confirmed by the Full-Time faculty.