Some courses may offer a Waitlist in which a realistic number of registration slots beyond the maximum class size will be available to students on a waitlist basis. Registration in such classes is not guaranteed.
The following will guide you through the waitlist process:
- If a class fills and a waitlist exists, you will be given the option to be added to the waitlist.
Prior to the start of the semester, if a space becomes available in the class, it will be offered to waitlisted students in the order they added to the waitlist. If you remain on the waitlist the first day of class, attend class to see if the instructor will allow you to register. If waitlisted for an online class, please email the instructor of record to learn if the instructor will allow you to register.
- The course will not appear on your registration statement, but your status can be monitored through the ‘My Classes' option in MyMendo.
- If a space becomes available, you will be notified by email of your permission to register. Your status in MyMendo will change from waitlisted to register.
- Once granted permission, you will have 24 hours from the time permission is granted to register in the course. If you do not enroll within the 24 hour time period, the permission will expire, you will be dropped from the waitlist, and the available seat offered to the next person on the waitlist. If a space is available, you may add yourself back to the waitlist.
- You will not be required to pay fees until you have registered in the course.
- Waitlists remain active through the first week of the fall and spring terms.
After the first week of the semester, waitlists for semester-length classes are closed and all students must obtain instuctor approval to register.
- The status of the waitlist for summer term classes varies by course. Please contact the Office of Admissions and Records for more information.