Advanced Standing


A student who presents an official transcript of previous college or university credit may receive credit toward the associate degree from Mendocino College, if the institution was accredited at the time of attendance.

Credit may also be allowed for other learning experiences. 12 units in residence is required before transfer credit is valid for graduation requirements.  To request an evaluation, please complete the request form and submit it along with an official transcript to the Office of Admissions & Records.  Evaluation will take eight to ten weeks to complete. Please plan accordingly.

For more information please contact the Office of Admissions & Records at 468-3101.


The Office of Admissions and Records will evaluate all non-traditional school credit upon a student's admission to Mendocino College and submission of the appropriate documents.  The maximum credit for all non-traditional credit accepted by Mendocino College may not exceed twenty-four (24) semester credits.  Non-traditional coursework can include military service, advanced placement (AP) examinations, CLEP, foreign college coursework, and high school articulation.

Students planning to transfer to a four-year college or university should not that non-traditional credit accepted by Mendocino College may not be acceptable to the transfer institution.  It is advisable to check with the college you plan to transfer to for their policies on non-traditional credit.  Re-evaluation at the four-year institution may be of advantage to the transfer student since upper division credit may be allowed.