COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions

COVID-19 Safety 

Do I need to wear a mask on campus? 
Students are not currently required to wear a facemask on campus either in an outdoor or indoor setting, but may choose to wear one. We ask that you do not come to campus if you are symptomatic with or without a confirmed case of COVID-19. Other preventative actions have proven to be social distancing and frequent handwashing. 

Are COVID-19 vaccines required for students and staff on campus?

As of May 20, 2022 we are no longer requiring students to test weekly or show vaccination status. Students should contact their instructors if they test positive for COVID-19 to ensure that any new cases are managed quickly, and to arrange make-up work. Please continue social distancing and mindful handwashing. For more information, visit:

What precautions are in place to keep the campus safe during the COVID-19 pandemic?

Visit for all campus information related to the pandemic. 

Has there been a COVID-19 outbreak on campus?

No. The college has not had any outbreaks of COVID-19.

Will testing be provided on campus?
Yes! COVID-19 rapid/antigen tests are available Mondays from 11:00 am - 3:00 pm in the Athletics Building on the Ukiah campus. Email for further details.


Can I attend a public performance or event on campus?

See visitors page

Admissions & Records

How do I enroll in classes? 
Visit the Admissions and Records web page at for information on applying to the college and registering for classes. Registration dates are available at

How can I get a copy of my transcripts?

Official transcripts can be requested through Parchment Go to for more information on requesting transcripts. For unofficial transcripts, you can contact Admissions and Records at or 707-468-3101.

What do I do if I need to drop a class due to COVID-19?  

There are several options available to you if you are affected by COVID-19 in the Fall 2022 semester.

1. Extension of Pass/No Pass Deadline - You may request a change to the grading basis of your course(s) through the end of the semester. Before changing to Pass/No Pass grading, we encourage you to meet with a counselor to learn if this option is best for you. By changing the grading basis from a letter grade (i.e. A, B, C) to a Pass/No Pass (P/NP) you can limit the impact of the course outcome on your Grade Point Average (GPA). By earning a grade of ‘C’ or better you will be issued a grade of ‘P’. The ‘P’ grade will give you credit for passing the course but will not factor into your overall GPA. If you do not end up earning a ‘C’ or better, you will be issued a grade of ‘NP’ (No Pass).  While you will not earn units for a No Pass, it will not factor into your GPA as a ‘D’ of ‘F’ grade would, nor will the No Pass grade be counted towards progress probation or dismissal if it is due to Covid-19 related reasons.  If you choose this option, submit the Petition for Pass/No Pass via email to no later than December 9, 2022.  Financial Aid students should not be adversely affected.  


2. Withdrawal – You can use MyMendo to withdraw from your course. This will result in a W notation on your transcript and will calculate towards probation or dismissal statuses.  You can select this option through November 11, 2022 for full semester length courses. Please check with Admissions and Records for short-term class deadline dates.  Financial aid repayment and SAP regulations may apply.  


3.  Excused Withdrawal (EW) - Completion of an an Academic Review Petition and submission of documentation to Admissions and Records is required for this option.  A notation of EW will be noted on your transcript, but will not affect your GPA or calculate toward probation or dismissal statuses.  


Before requesting Pass/No Pass grading or dropping your course, please make certain the choice you make is best for your circumstances.  If any of the following apply to you, please connect with staff in the program to ensure you have all the information needed to make the best decision for you.  


Dual Enrollment and Middle College Students  

If you are a dual enrolled or Middle College student, please check in with your high school counselor before withdrawing from your Mendocino College courses.  



Withdrawals at this time will not impact your EOPS eligibility. Continue to meet with your EOPS counselor or staff to discuss changes to your schedule. Please visit or email  to connect with EOPS staff.   


Financial Aid  

For more information on how withdrawals may affect your financial aid, connect with Financial Aid Office staff at: or 707-468-3110  


Graduation or Transfer Requirements  

Please meet with your counselor to discuss any impact Pass/No Pass Grading or a withdrawal may have to your graduation or transfer requirements.  To contact a counselor, please visit or call 707-468-3048.  


International Students  

If you are an international student, you are expected to maintain a full course of study.  Please contact Admissions and Records staff at to receive guidance on the consequences of withdrawing before withdrawing from any classes. 


Veterans and Dependents Using Educational Benefits  

Effective June 1, 2022, students using the Post 9/11 benefit must be enrolled in at least one class in person to receive their full benefit. Please contact the Veteran Resource Center to discuss any questions about your benefit or enrollment changes.  Staff can be reached via email at   

Financial Aid

How are Financial Aid deadlines impacted by the COVID-19 changes?  
No deadlines have been impacted. 


How to submit Financial Aid documents/forms for verification; forms that require in person submission - how will they be handled?  

All forms should be completed electronically through Dynamic Forms. Your MyMendo checklist will direct you to the forms that you need to complete. Forms can be submitted in person or by mail (Attn: Financial Aid, Mendocino College 1000 Hensley Creek Road, Ukiah CA 95482) or by scanning and emailing them as an encrypted attachment to, Any emailed documents received by Financial Aid not encrypted are sent at the student’s risk. For instruction on how to encrypt documents visit: 

Currently, V4 and V5 verification documents must still be submitted in person or be completed with a notary. We are expecting guidance from the Department of Education soon. If we are requiring a V4 or V5 verification from you, please contact our office.  


How will my Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) be affected since course have been moved online?

The format of the course does not affect SAP. Withdrawing due to COVID-19 and selecting the Excused Withdrawal option will not affect your SAP. 


What are withdraw impacts on financial aid (R2T4)?  

Students who withdrawal due to COVID-19 and select the Excused Withdrawal option will not owe financial aid funds back. 


How is my Work Study affected? 

In person student work has resumed. If you are interested in Federal Work Study you can complete the Federal Work Study Request Form.


Veterans Benefits - will classes moving online impact military benefits? 

Per Senate Bill 3503, conversion of classes to an online format will not affect VA educational benefits. 


What happens to Veteran’s housing stipend? 

Per Senate Bill 3503, the housing stipend will be paid at the usual rate for the spring 2020 term, even if all classes have moved to an online format. 


What if classes aren’t approved by the state so military benefits won’t cover the class? 

All fall 2021 classes at Mendocino College are currently approved. 


How do I get my student email address? 
We've created a video about that. Watch it at If you need help, contact the IT Help Desk at or call 707-468-3210.

How do I log into Canvas? 

You can access Canvas by visiting and logging in with your college credentials. Your email password is synced with your other college accounts. If you need to change your password, log into and select the "Change my password" option at the left. Once your password is changed, your Canvas password and all other passwords will be synchronized to the same new password. If you need additional assistance, contact the IT Help Desk by emailing or calling 707-468-3210 and they will be happy to help.

What resources are available if I am having technical issues? 

Mendocino College offers several student support services online in order to help you succeed with your educational goals! Take a look at our Online Resources page for a list of resources currently available remotely. 

If you need technical assistance, you can contact the IT Helpdesk by emailing, visiting the Help Desk on the web or calling 707-468-3210. The IT Team will be happy to help you! 

How do I reset my college email password?  

If you need technical assistance, you can contact the IT Helpdesk by emailing, visiting the Help Desk on the web or calling 707-468-3210. The IT Team will be happy to help you! 

What if I don’t have internet access? 

  • The parking lots at each Mendocino College location have wifi coverage so that students can access the network from their cars. The bandwidth on the "guest" network has recently been increased from 1.5Mbps to 6.0Mbps to give students more access when they connect. Check our campus hours before exploring this option by visiting as our Ukiah campus gate is locked when no essential personnel are on campus.
  • Comcast announced that they're providing the first two months of service free for their Internet Essentials program. The program designed to give low-income households basic high-speed Internet service for $9.95/mo is front-loading two free months in order to support people impacted by COVID-19. After the first two months, the customer can cancel the service and not owe any additional fees, or continue and pay the $9.95/mo regular rate. This could help Mendocino College students without Internet participate in online classes. More information is available at This is not a product endorsement, we're simply passing on information about the program. 
  • Students can also search for free WiFi access in their area by visiting: 
  • Yelp lets you search for "free Wifi" to see listings of businesses that provide it. 

What if I don’t have access to a computer?  

Students who don’t have access to a computer may use computers in the Library Learning Resource Center or at each of our centers. Students may check out a Chromebook from the Library on the main campus. Students at centers may request a Chromebook from the center staff and it will be sent from Ukiah so they may pick it up at the center.

Are ADA technical resources available for students and, if so, how do they get access to them? 

Yes! Please contact our Disability Resource Center by visiting: 


What is the impact to college events and activities?  
For a list of college events, please visit

How do I rent textbooks from the Mendocino College Bookstore?

The Bookstore is now 100% online and can be accessed by visiting

How do I obtain a student ID card? 

You can get your Student ID card at the Library Learning Resource Center (LLRC) in Ukiah, or at any of our three centers.

Is campus closed or open? Are certain student services, buildings or departments open to students? 

The college is currently open. Please visit for details about current Mendocino College facility hours. Most departments can be reached remotely during normal business hours, visit for a directory.