New, returning and continuing Mendocino College students are given a registration appointment date that provides the earliest date they may register for classes. The registration date is based upon the student's priority registration status and the last four digits of their social security number.
Due to recent legislative changes, registration priority is changing effective the Summer/Fall 2014 registration period. To be eligible for priority registration, new and returning students must meet the following requirements prior to April 16, 2014:
1. Complete the Application for Admission.
2. Complete the New Student Orientation.
3. Complete placement testing or the equivalent.
4. Have a counselor-approved Student Education Plan (SEP) on file with a specified course of study that leads to an Associate Degree, transfer, State-approved Certificate of Achivement, or career advancement.
5. Be in good academic and/or progress standing.
6. Have not earned more than 100 degree applicable units at Mendocino College.
Continuing students must meet the following requirements by April 16, 2014 to remain eligible for priority registration:
1. Be in good academic and/or progress standing.
2. Have not earned more than 100 degree applicable units at Mendocino College.
Students who have lost priority registration due to their academic or progress standing may appeal for a reinstatement of their priority registration if the standing is the result of extenuating circumstances (verifiable accident, illness, or other circumstance beyond the control of the student) or if there has been significant academic improvement. To appeal for reinstatement of Summer/Fall 2014 priority registration, students must submit a completed Priority Registration Appeal form and supporting documentation to the Office of Admissions and Records no later than 5pm, April 16, 2014.
If you have any questions regarding your priority registration status or eligbility, please contact the Office of Admissions and Records at 707-468-3101.
Created: January 09, 1997 @ 12:00 AM
Last Modified: April 24, 2014 @ 01:58 PM