For Students > EOPS (Extended Opportunity Programs and Services) > How to apply for EOPS?
EOPS Applications are being accepted for Spring 2014
Students will be notified by 12/1/13 regarding their eligibility status.
In order to determine a student's eligibility for EOPS services and/or funding, the following steps must be completed:
Step 1: Student submits an EOPS Application to the Financial Aid/EOPS Office. EOPS Applications may also be submitted to the Willits Center, the Lake Center, faxed to 707-468-3197, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2: Student must do the following before the student's EOPS Application can be processed:
- Submit an Admissions Application to the Admissions Office.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA can be completed online by going to www.fafsa.ed.gov. Students who are not able to complete a FAFSA should submit a Board of Governor's Fee Waiver Application.
- Submit grade transcripts from all other colleges attended to the Admissions Office (or an unofficial copy, printed from the college's website, may be submitted with the EOPS Application).
- Take Placement Tests for Math and English at Mendocino College's Learning Center. Placement Test scores from other colleges are not acceptable. Contact the Learning Center at 468-3046 for testing times and procedures.
Step 3: The EOPS Office processes the student's EOPS Application and notifies the student whether or not the student is eligible. The student will be notified by email, so the student should make sure he/she has a valid email address that he/she checks often.
Step 4: If the student is eligible, the student will be notified with the deadline for completing the following additional requirements:
- enroll in classes per the Student Success Template the student was given
- meet with with an EOPS Counselor if the student has questions regarding the program and/or Student Success Template
- attend an EOPS Orientation (dates & times for EOPS Orientations will be given to the student if the student is offered a spot into the EOPS program)
Step 5: Student will begin receiving EOPS services (including a Book Voucher or EOPS Grant) after the items in Step 4 have been completed.
* * * * * * * * * *
Further information may be obtained by calling (707-468-3113) or visiting the EOPS Office (Room 1130 in MacMillan Hall at the Ukiah Campus), the Lake Center (707-263-4944), or the Willits Center (707-459-6224).
Created: September 25, 2008 @ 08:29 AM
Last Modified: October 29, 2013 @ 10:19 AM