FAST FACTS ON VA EDUCATIONAL BENEFITS
AT MENDOCINO COLLEGE
· Apply to Mendocino College at www. Mendocino.edu
· Apply online @ http://www.gibill.va.gov/GI_Bill_Info/How_to_Apply.htm BEFORE your meeting with the VA Certifying Official – VCO - please call 468-3101 to schedule an appointment.
· The VA Educational Plan is created during your 1st contact with the VCO and will list courses and/or areas that can be certified for VA pay.
· To receive pay for the month, veterans must verify enrollment on the last working day of the month at the web site above or 888 # below.
· Each semester:
o follow your VA educational plan;
o register for your classes;
o notify the VCO at firstname.lastname@example.org or 468-3102,
that you have your classes and want them certified.
· All late start and short term (see dates under course selection) require a separate certification term and will affect your pay.
· Change of major? Meet with VCO to
a) Complete required VA form and
b) Receive an updated, new VA Educational Plan to follow.
· Changed your schedule –added or dropped? Notify VCO to determine if
a) it will change your pay.
b) a class was added, is it on your VA Educational Plan? If it is not on the plan, it cannot be certified.
For further information:
VCO (Anastasia Simpson-Logg), 468-3102
VA, Muskogee, Oklahoma, 1-888-442-4551, www.gibill.va.gov
Created: May 08, 2008 @ 10:38 AM
Last Modified: October 23, 2012 @ 04:36 PM