For Immediate Release - November 20, 2006
1000 Hensley Creek Road, Ukiah, CA 95482
Contact: Ross Beck, Director of Public Information & Marketing
T: 707-468-3012, F: 707-468-3008, E-mail: email@example.com
File: NR-Trustee Vacancy
Mendocino College Seeks Trustee for Ukiah Area
UKIAH.... The Board of Trustees of the Mendocino-Lake Community College District College is seeking applications for a vacant seat in Trustee Area #2, which includes various Ukiah area voting precincts.
“The Board of Trustees will appoint someone to fill the vacant seat in Ukiah,” states Superintendent/President Kathy Lehner. “We are inviting interested members of the public living in Ukiah to submit an application.”
Applications are due on or before noon, December 3, 2007. The selection will be made at an open meeting of the Board of Trustees at the regular meeting on December 12, 2007, which begins at 5:00 PM at the main campus, 1000 Hensley Creek Road, Ukiah.
The board is responsible for the performance of the Mendocino-Lake Community College District, which serves approximately 8,000 students and provides vital educational services to the communities in the region. The board is seeking candidates who have the ability and time to fulfill the responsibilities of being a member of the board, which include:
• Participate fully in the work of the board, including attends all meetings, study issues and agenda items, and participate in trustee education programs.
• Be knowledgeable about the communities served by the college; be willing to act on behalf and for the benefit of those communities.
• Be committed to community colleges and their missions; understand educational, social, and economic policy issues.
• Engage in balancing the needs of many diverse groups; be able to contribute to and build consensus.
• Participate as one member of a board and support the authority of the board as a whole.
Those interested are invited to call the Mendocino College President’s Office at 468-3071. Applications are also available online at www.mendocino.edu. Completed applications should be sent to the Board of Trustees, c/o Superintendent/President, Mendocino College, 1000 Hensley Creek Road, CA 95482.
- END -
•Letter to Interested Applicants
•Trustee Application •Written Application Questionnaire
Created: November 20, 2007 @ 04:45 PM
Last Modified: November 20, 2007 @ 04:46 PM