PETITION FOR CREDIT BY EXAMINATION
COURSES APPROVED FOR CREDIT BY EXAMINATION
- Credit by Examination may be granted only:
a. to a student who is admitted to Mendocino College.
b. to a student who has not earned college credit in more
advanced subject matter.
c. to a student who has met identified prerequisite(s)/corequisite(s).
- The student’s academic records shall be clearly annotated to reflect that the units and grade were earned by examination.
- Units earned under credit by examination shall not be counted in determining the 12 semester units of resident credit needed for Associate Degree.
- Units earned under credit by examination are not considered part of the student’s official program and will not be used for registration certification to Social Security, the Veterans Administration, or similar agencies.
- Credit by examination can only be taken for a letter grade with the exception of those courses designated for pass/no pass only. Courses taken for credit by examination meet major requirements, except those courses designated pass/no pass only.
- Courses where credit by examination is earned may not be repeated for credit by classroom attendance unless a substandard grade is earned (D, F or NC.) A grade of incomplete may not be assigned.
- Each course designated may be challenged only once. Please click here for a list of currently approved courses.
- A maximum of 12 units of credit may be earned by examination.