Congratulations on your academic success at Mendocino College!
Phi Theta Kappa is the international community college honor society that and is dedicated to academic achievement and community service. If you are already an inducted member of PTK at Mendocino College and would like to be active this year, please call 467-1004 and let us know.
If you have recently received an invitation to join Phi Theta Kappa, here is some additional information:
Our chapter is the 'Alpha Omega Lamda' chapter. In order to be eligible you must be an enrolled student and possess a 3.4 cumulative GPA in 12 or more units of degree/certificate applicable courses.
One-time membership dues are $75 ($15 local, $5 regional, $55 national) and include the following benefits:
- The Golden Key of Phi Theta Kappa membership pin
- National Membership Certificate
- Gold seal for your Diploma indicating society membership
- “Member of Phi Theta Kappa” included on your transcript
- Privilege of wearing the gold honors stole and tassel at graduation
- Subscription to the Golden Key Newsletter
- Complimentary issue of 3.5 Plus Annual, which includes the Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship Directory listing all transfer scholarships exclusively for society members
- Automatic enrollment in the Phi Theta Kappa Transfer Database, which is made available to four-year and senior-level institutions that actively recruit transfer students with high academic achievement
PTK members may also participate in various campus activities. In the past these have included: a speakers series, a national Satellite Seminar video series on Health issues, campus and community service projects, volunteering with The Boys and Girls Club, the Ukiah Skate Park, a canned food, a book drive, and a blanket and coat drive. Active participation in PTK events is not a requirement, however we’d love to have you involved!
Once again, I congratulate you on your academic achievement and I look forward to meeting with you to discuss membership in Phi Theta Kappa.
If you have any questions please call Jason (467-1004) or Aeron (468-3228).
Created: March 28, 2006 @ 12:19 PM
Last Modified: September 27, 2013 @ 03:31 PM