Classes & Programs > Distance Education - Online, Video & Travel Courses > Distance Student Support > Log in Problems
Log-in problems are the most common difficulty for online students. Once this problem is resolved, things usually go smoothly. If you are having trouble logging in consider these possibilities:
- You just registered. Unfortunately, the College system updates overnight, so you will not be able to log in until the DAY AFTER you register.
- You are not registered in the class. You can verify your enrollment by calling the TelReg system at 707-468-3353, and choosing option #4 to check your schedule.
- You are using the wrong User ID. The correct user ID is the first two letters of your first name, plus the first two letters of your last name (no caps), plus the last five digits of your SSN. For instance, John Fremont, SSN 568-87-4421 would have the user name: jofr74421.
- You have the wrong Password: The first time you log in, your password will be the 'MonthDate' of your birth date. For instance, if you were born on August 28th, your password will be 0828. After you log in, go to the "Accounts" tab, and re-set your password. If you forget your password, go to this link, and follow the prompts.
- The class hasn't started yet. Students are not allowed access to the classroom until the first day. Do not assume you have a log in problem until the semester actually begins!
Created: March 23, 2006 @ 03:51 PM
Last Modified: December 14, 2006 @ 01:04 PM