Mendocino College Academic Senate
Thursday, March 6, 2014
Room 4210 (Library Classroom) 12:30-1:30 PM
Approval of Agenda
· Consent items: 1. Move March 20th meeting to March 18th for Minimum Qualifications discussion 2. Jason Edington (delegate for Spring Plenary) and Conan McKay to Spring Plenary
Approval of Minutes – Minutes of February 6, 2014
Members of the public may address the Senate on any agenda item after being recognized by the Chair. Due to the brevity of the meeting and the length of most agendas, the total amount of time for public comment will be limited to 10 minutes.
· President’s Report
· MPFA Report
1. Faculty Hiring procedure – A.P. 701.1 – latest news
1. Fall Plenary report
2. Academic Senate Goals – updates
3. Baccalaureate Degree in Community Colleges – pending legislation
4. Fort Bragg Center – A possible shift to the Mendocino-Lake Community College District?
5. New staffing/recruitment (as a result of PBC action)
Future Agenda Items?
Next Meeting March 18, 2014 (Pending approval of March 6th agenda consent item)
Academic Senate Membership 2013-14
John Koetzner – President
Reid Edelman – Vice-president
Tammy Cartwright – MPFA
Jaime Cechin Jessica Crofoot – MPFA