Dear Native American Student:
This information is for students who have self-identified themselves as Native American on their admission application. The State of California is currently experiencing a fiscal crisis and has reduced all community college budgets in the State. Staff vacancies at the College are currently not being filled due to a budget shortfall of money.
The part-time Native American Outreach position is one of the affected positions. Mendocino College is exploring alternate ways to maintain and expand services and educational opportunities to the Native American community and student population. The Native American curriculum is being reviewed and the College has also designated specific Mendocino College staff to serve students in areas/departments of high use and include:
- Counseling Services: Mary Holcomb, Counselor. Mary is available for appointments in both Willits and at the Ukiah Campus. Appointments with Mary can be made by visiting or calling the Willits Center at 459-6224. She can also be reached at 468-3110 or visited in Room 1000 for Ukiah Campus appointments.
- Financial Aid Services: Marsha Sisneros is available to assist with workshops, individual appointments and student financial aid needs analysis forms from tribal governments/BIA agencies. Marsha is located in Room 1130 on the Ukiah Campus. Her direct phone number is 468-3097.
- Transfer Services: Candie Dickinson is the Transfer Center Director. She can assist with requirements that are necessary for transferring to a specific four-year college or university. She is located in Room 1200 on the Ukiah Campus and an appointment can be made with Candie by calling 468-3044.
- Native American Student Organization: Darletta Fulwider is the Advisor. Darletta is located in the Counseling Office in Room 1000. She can be contacted at 468-3229. Mentors are located in Room 1000 on the Ukiah Campus and can be contacted at 468-3223
- Curriculum Issues: Suggestions about Native American classes at Mendocino College can be presented to Meridith Randall, Vice President of Education and Student Services in the Instruction Office, at 468-3010 or to Mark Rawitsch, Dean of the Willits and Lakeport Centers, at 459-6224 or 263-4944.
- Other Services: Suggestions about other specific services to offer to Native American students can be presented to Meridith Randall, Vice President of Education and Student Services, at 468-3105.
Mendocino College wishes to assure you that our intent is to ensure your success at Mendocino College.
Kathryn G. Lehner
Created: September 19, 2003 @ 12:00 AM
Last Modified: May 28, 2009 @ 09:32 AM