For New Students
Frequently Asked Questions
Spring 2010 MTH 220 Statistics (4 units)
Section 4493 Class Begins January 25, 2010
Course Description: Methods of descriptive and inferential statistics, including measures of central tendency, measures of dispersion, elementary probability theory, probability distributions, confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, linear and multiple regression, correlation, multinomial experiments, contingency tables, and analysis of variance. Statistical software, methods of data collection and a wide variety of applications taken from science, business, social science, and many diverse fields will be used to illustrate the theory.
- Instructor: H. Ahders
- Email: email@example.com
- Textbook Information:
- Elementary Satistics, 11th Edition, Bundled with MyMathLab, Triola
- Stand Alone MyMathLab Access Code (ISBN 0-13-14789-4X): Provides an electronic version of the textbook. Although this is a less expensive way to take the course, since everything needed to complete the course is online, the downside is that you must be online to study and complete assignments.
- Estimated Time Per Week: Students can expect to spend approximately 12 to 16 hours per week reading, writing, and taking quizzes and participating in online class discussions.
- Special Requirements:
- PC or MAC- If you have any other computer configuration, call MyMathLab Product Support at 1-800-677-6337 to be sure yours will work in this course:
- Operating system: PC – Windows XP or Windows Vista. Mac – Macintosh OS 10.4 or 10.5. Internet connection: Cable/DSL, T1, or other high-speed for multimedia content; 56k modem (minimum) for tutorials, homework, and testing.
- Browsers and Plug-ins/Players: Windows XP – Firefox 2.0, Internet Explorer 6.0 or 7.0, Netscape Navigator 7.2. Windows Vista: Firefox 2.0 or Internet Explorer 7.0. Macintosh OS 10.4 – Firefox 2.0, Safari 2.0, or Netscape Navigator 7.2. Macintosh OS 10.5 – Safari 3.1. Install from the MyMathLab Installation Wizard online.
- Pop-Up Blockers: To be able to access various features in the online content, you MUST disable any Pop-Up Blocker software (or hit Ctrl + the blocked link).
- Calculator Policy – Ti-83 or Ti-84 may be used but are not required.
CourseCompass Course: This course uses specialized math software, Course Compass. For information on orientation, you must email your instructor by Monday, 1/25 AND visit the online math page at http://www.mendocino.edu/tc/pg/4157/online_math.html