For New Students
Frequently Asked Questions
Spring 2009 HST 202 United States to 1877 (3 units)
Sections 4422 Class Begins February 2 LATE START
This course will introduce the student to major political, social, and cultural developments of the US from the pre-colonial era through Reconstruction. This course includes the perspectives and contributions of diverse groups of Americans.
Recommended: English 200
- Instructor: R. Montes
- Email: email@example.com
After the class has started, please use Etudes Private Messages for communication.
- Textbook Information:
- Required: A People and a Nation by Mary Beth Norton, et al. Dolphin Edition ISBN 978-0-618-60799-0. Approximate cost $47.
- Required: American Stories, Volume 1: To 1877: Living American History by Jason Ripper, ISBN-13: 9780765619181 Approximate cost new $30
- Estimated Time per Week: Students can expect to spend approximately 6 to 8 hours per week reading, writing, and taking quizzes and participating in online class discussions.
- Special Requirements: Email the instructor after you sign up for the class. Log into Etudes the first day of class (2/2). There will be no on-campus /in-person meetings required for this course.
- Assignments & Tests: Students will be required to participate in on-line discussions, read assigned textbook chapters and on-line material, take chapter quizzes and write several analytical essay papers.
- New to ETUDES: Here is an Online Orientation (Flash presentation opens in a new window) that will show you the basics of how to use ETUDES. Here is a flash tutorial (Flash presentation opens in a new window) that demonstrates the log in protocol. Be sure to check System Requirements before getting started with ETUDES. You need to do this on each computer you use while taking a class through ETUDES.
- ETUDES Course: You will log into the Etudes classroom with the log-in information provided below.
2 letters of first name +
First 2 letters of last name +
Last 5 digits of Social Security Number
using all lower case letters)
Username = joga23333
Month Day of
birth in school records
Birthday is April 11th, 1982
Password = 0411
NOTE: If you forget your
password, you can Reset Password on the Etudes log-in page