For New Students
Frequently Asked Questions
Spring 2009 GDN 124 Becoming a Successful Online Student (1 unit)
Section 4398 Class Begins February 2, 2009
This course explores the theory and practice of successful online learning. The course familiarizes students with the course management system used for online courses at Mendocino College and many California community colleges (Etudes NG) and offers practical guidance and hands-on experience in a variety of approaches for increasing their online learning success.
Recommended: English 80 or placement into English 200 through assessment process
- Instructor: Riba Taylor
- Email: email@example.com
After the class has started, please use Etudes Private Messages for communication.
- Textbook Information: No books are required for this course.
- Estimated Time per Week: Students can expect to spend approximately 12 or more hours per week reading, writing, and taking quizzes and participating in online class discussions.
- For more details about this course, please check the instructor's college webpage:
- Special Requirements: Email the instructor after you sign up for the class. Log into Etudes the first day of class (2/2).
- Additional Comments: The entire course will be conducted online through the Etudes program. Students are required to have Internet access, an active email account, the ability to use word processing, conduct Internet searches, attach files, send emails, and work independently.
- New to ETUDES: Here is an Online Orientation (Flash presentation opens in a new window) that will show you the basics of how to use ETUDES. Here is a flash tutorial (Flash presentation opens in a new window) that demonstrates the log in protocol. Be sure to check System Requirements before getting started with ETUDES. You need to do this on each computer you use while taking a class through ETUDES.
- ETUDES Course: You will log into the Etudes classroom with the log-in information provided below.
2 letters of first name +
First 2 letters of last name +
Last 5 digits of Social Security Number
using all lower case letters)
Username = joga23333
Month Day of
birth in school records
Birthday is April 11th, 1982
Password = 0411
NOTE: If you forget your
password, you can Reset Password on the Etudes log-in page