For New Students
Frequently Asked Questions
Spring 2009 EDU 104 – Excellence in Action: Observing Experienced Faculty (3 units)
Section 4303 Class Begins January 20, 2009
Course Description: This course will provide experienced and new or prospective teachers with the opportunity to read some of the latest literature on effective teaching strategies, then to watch some of these strategies in action by observing outstanding K-12 teachers or college faculty in the classroom.
Recommended: English 80 or placement into English 200 through assessment process
- Instructor: Lynda B. Myers
- Email: email@example.com
After the class has started, please use Etudes Private Messages for communication.
- Textbook Information: NONE. Approximate cost: $0
- Estimated Time per Week: Students who are in the first two years of college can expect to spend approximately 6 to 8 hours per week reading, writing, and participating in online class discussions. The time commitment may be less for experienced teachers.
- Special Requirements: Email the instructor after you sign up for the class. Log into Etudes the first day of class (1/20).
- Assignments & Tests: Students will read material on assigned websites, participate in online class discussions, write lesson plans, and write narrative papers explaining the rationale and course materials used to develop the lesson plans. There will be NO TESTS. Grades will be based on the written assignments.
- There will be separate readings for those interested in observing college faculty or K-12 teachers.
- Additional Comments: The entire course will be conducted online through the Etudes program. Students are required to have Internet access, an active email account, the ability to use word processing, open Internet links, attach files, send emails, and work independently.
- New to ETUDES: Here is an Online Orientation (Flash presentation opens in a new window) that will show you the basics of how to use ETUDES. Here is a flash tutorial (Flash presentation opens in a new window) that demonstrates the log in protocol. Be sure to check System Requirements before getting started with ETUDES. You need to do this on each computer you use while taking a class through ETUDES.
- ETUDES Course: You will log into the Etudes classroom with the log-in information provided below.
2 letters of first name +
First 2 letters of last name +
Last 5 digits of Social Security Number
using all lower case letters)
Username = joga23333
Month Day of
birth in school records
Birthday is April 11th, 1982
Password = 0411
NOTE: If you forget your
password, you can Reset Password on the Etudes log-in page