For New Students
Frequently Asked Questions
Spring 2009 ECO 201 Principles of Microeconomics (3 units)
Section #4299 Class Begins August 18
This course covers economic analysis of the theory of prices, including supply and demand, marginal utility, cost and revenue concepts, market structure, and pricing the factors of production. Students learn to use economic principles to anaylze the economic challenges facing the individual and business organization. Transfer: CSU, UC.
- Instructor: M. Williams
- Email: email@example.com
After the class has started, please use Etudes Private Messages for communication.
- Textbook Information:
- Required Textbook: Microeconomics eThemes of the Times, Michael Leeds, Approximate cost new $125
Additional Comments: This course will be conducted online through the Etudes program, and MyEconLab/CourseCompass. Students are required to have Internet access, an active email account, the ability to use word processing, conduct Internet searches, attach files, send emails, and work independently.
- New to CourseCompass: Follow these instructions, included with your book:
- Go to https://register.pearsoncmg.com/userprofile
** click “Register” in the Students area.
- Review the list of required items for enrolling in a course, and click Next.
- Enter the course ID
**you will see this when you log into ETUDES on the first day of class.
- Click Register with a Student Access Code.
- Accept the license agreement.
- Enter your account password.
- Enter your student access code.
- Enter your school's ZIP code and select your country. Click Next.
- Confirm or update your name, email address, and school information.
- Confirm or update your account security question and answer. Click Next.
- Print the Confirmation page to keep a record of your registration and enrollment information, your login name, and the email address used for your account.
- New to ETUDES: Here is an Online Orientation (Flash presentation opens in a new window) that will show you the basics of how to use ETUDES. Here is a flash tutorial (Flash presentation opens in a new window) that demonstrates the log in protocol. Be sure to check System Requirements before getting started with ETUDES. You need to do this on each computer you use while taking a class through ETUDES.
- ETUDES Course: You will log into the Etudes classroom with the log-in information provided below.
2 letters of first name +
First 2 letters of last name +
Last 5 digits of Social Security Number
using all lower case letters)
Username = joga23333
Month Day of
birth in school records
Birthday is April 11th, 1982
Password = 0411
NOTE: If you forget your
password, you can Reset Password on the Etudes log-in page