For New Students
Frequently Asked Questions
Spring 2009 EAS/NRS 200 Environmental Science (3 units)
Section #4293/EAS200 #4559/NRS200 Class Begins January 20
Environmental Science is a field that brings aspects of biology, physics and chemistry together with geology and geography to understand the earth and its interrelated systems. The main emphasis of the course is a focus on sustainable use of Earth's resources and the reduction of solid waste and air and water pollution. The focus on both physical and biological principles is necessary to illustrate the interdisciplinary nature of dealing with the solutions to the complex environmental problems.
- Instructor: S. Cardimona
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
After the class has started, please use Etudes Private Messages for communication.
- Textbook Information:
- Required Textbook: Environmental Science: Problems, Connections and Solutions, G. Tyler Miller, ISBN-13: 9780495383376, Approximate cost new $142
- Special Requirements: Email the instructor after you sign up for the class. Log into Etudes the first day of class (1/20).
- Additional Comments: The entire course will be conducted online through the Etudes program. Students are required to have Internet access, an active email account, the ability to use word processing, conduct Internet searches, attach files, send emails, and work independently.
- New to ETUDES: Here is an Online Orientation (Flash presentation opens in a new window) that will show you the basics of how to use ETUDES. Here is a flash tutorial (Flash presentation opens in a new window) that demonstrates the log in protocol. Be sure to check System Requirements before getting started with ETUDES. You need to do this on each computer you use while taking a class through ETUDES.
- ETUDES Course: You will log into the Etudes classroom with the log-in information provided below.
2 letters of first name +
First 2 letters of last name +
Last 5 digits of Social Security Number
using all lower case letters)
Username = joga23333
Month Day of
birth in school records
Birthday is April 11th, 1982
Password = 0411
NOTE: If you forget your
password, you can Reset Password on the Etudes log-in page