For New Students
Frequently Asked Questions
BOT 50 Medical Terminology (3 units)
Section 4148 Class begins January 20, 2009
Section 5379 Class begins February 2, 2009
This course is designed to provide the student with an understanding and working knowledge of medical terms related to the major body systems, pathological conditions, and diagnostic techniques.
- Instructor: Headrick
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Textbook Information: Delmars Comprehensive Medical Terminology: A competency-based approach, Betty Jones, 2nd Edition. Available in the Mendocino College Bookstore and other bookstores. Approximate cost is $65.00. ISBN: 1-4018-1004.
- Estimated Time Per Week: Students can expect to spend approximately 9 hours per week reading, researching and writing about common diseases, and taking quizzes and exams.
- Special Requirements: The entire class will be conducted online. Students are required to have Internet access, the ability to use word processing, conduct Internet searches, attach files, send e-mails, and work independently.
- Assignments & Tests: Students will complete two medical article essays, two pathological conditions essays, answer questions regarding special topics within each chapter, one mid-term exam, and one final exam.
- Special Requirements: Email the instructor after you sign up for the class. Log into Etudes the first day of class (1/20).
- Additional Comments: The entire course will be conducted online through the Etudes program. Students are required to have Internet access, an active email account, the ability to use word processing, conduct Internet searches, attach files, send emails, and work independently.
- New to ETUDES: Here is an Online Orientation (Flash presentation opens in a new window) that will show you the basics of how to use ETUDES. Here is a flash tutorial (Flash presentation opens in a new window) that demonstrates the log in protocol. Be sure to check System Requirements before getting started with ETUDES. You need to do this on each computer you use while taking a class through ETUDES.
- ETUDES Course: You will log into the Etudes classroom with the log-in information provided below.
2 letters of first name +
First 2 letters of last name +
Last 5 digits of Social Security Number
using all lower case letters)
Username = joga23333
Month Day of
birth in school records
Birthday is April 11th, 1982
Password = 0411
NOTE: If you forget your
password, you can Reset Password on the Etudes log-in page