For New Students
Frequently Asked Questions
Spring 2009 Cultural Anthropology 201 (3 units)
Section 4042, Class Begins January 20, 2009
This course will examine a diversity of cultural phenomena, including material culture, economics, social and political organization, religion, language and related topics from different times and lands. It will also explore the significance of the historical emergence of various cultural traditions, with implications of understanding our own society.
Recommended: English 80 or placement into English 200 through assessment process
- Instructor: Kate Veno
- Email: Kveno@mendocino.edu
After the class has started, please use Etudes Private Messages for communication.
- Textbook Information: Humanity, Peoples and Bailey, seventh edition.
- Estimated Time per Week: Students can expect to spend approximately 6 to 8 hours per week reading, writing, and taking quizzes and participating in online class discussions.
- Special Requirements: Email the instructor after you sign up for the class. Log into Etudes the first day of class (1/20).
- Assignments & Tests: Students will complete a combination of weekly quizzes, written assignments, discussion board topics a mid-term and final and a research paper.
Additional Comments: The entire course will be conducted online through the Etudes program. Students are required to have Internet access, an active email account, the ability to use word processing, conduct Internet searches, attach files, send emails, and work independently.
- New to Etudes: Here is an Online Orientation (Flash presentation opens in a new window) that will show you the basics of how to use Etudes. Here is a flash tutorial (Flash presentation opens in a new window) that demonstrates the log in protocol. Be sure to check System Requirements before getting started with Etudes. You need to do this on each computer you use while taking a class through Etudes.
- Etudes Course: You will log into the Etudes classroom with the log-in information provided below.
2 letters of first name +
First 2 letters of last name +
Last 5 digits of Social Security Number
using all lower case letters)
Username = joga23333
Month Day of
birth in school records
Birthday is April 11th, 1982
Password = 0411
NOTE: If you forget your
password, you can Reset Password on the Etudes log-in page